------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
             
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3/30/12

doormat DIY

i've been wanting a monogrammed doormat for awhile now but didn't want to pay the prices for the ones i've seen [& because i haven't found any i love love].  i would see chevron doormats & monogrammed ones but none with both.  so i decided to create my own for really inexpensive.  


i used :

plan doormat $7
spray paint    $4 ea. [i had some old ones that I used from another project]
painters tape  $4
cardboard or manilla folder for stencil
           

to do :

No 1. - i taped off the chevron pattern i wanted . you could also make your own pattern out of cardboard or manilla folder.


           
No 2. - i waited for that to dry and then i taped the B cutout i made.  then I taped manilla folders all around so the orange spray paint wouldn't get onto the rest of the mat.


Viola ! !









1 comment:

  1. So cute + creative !!! I agree I've never really found a SUPER cute monogram mat, and the ones I've seen are so expensive! I want to try this!

    ReplyDelete